It is a much maligned feature of singledom, but there’s a lot to be said in favour of the humble chat up line. If you don’t know how to break the ice, trotting out a trusted one-liner at least shows the object of your desires that you are interested in them.
Delivering a chat-up line, in the right way, can show you have confidence with women, but don’t take yourself too seriously.
Here are some of the most successful types of chat-up line…
Fly against the notion that only monosyllabic cavemen use chat-up lines to lure the ladies, with these clever quips.
- Do you have the telephone number for the Ordnance Survey team? I’ve just discovered a sight of outstanding natural beauty.
- Inheriting £50 million doesn’t mean much when you’re lonely every night.
- Would you find it agreeable to partake in some light refreshment with me.
Straight To The Point
We all know that a chat-up line is a roundabout way of saying ‘you’re attractive, and I’m interested.’ These straight to the point comments waste no time getting the message across. Be sure to deliver them with light-hearted humour or you could come across as scarily eager.
- One of us keeps thinking about sex… OK, I admit it, it’s me.
- Let’s get you out of this cold bar and into my nice warm bed.
- So does this count as our first date?
- I’m going to tell my friends I scored, so why don’t you just say yes anyway.
- I bet you’ve heard every line in the book, so let’s skip it and go straight to kissing.
The way to woman’s heart is through her funny bone. Make her laugh, and you are already halfway towards your first date.
- I’ve come to say hi because the voices in my head told me to.
- Did you just squeeze me bum? No? Would you like to?
- You’ve got a mobile number, I’ve got the ability to write stuff down, let’s do this thing.
- Roses are red; violets are blue… nope nothing rhymes with I’m a great lover.
- My magic watch says you’re naked… oh wait, it’s an hour fast.
- Given that the Universe is infinite, and within that Universe God is invisible yet omnipresent, would you come home with me?
- How many drinks do I need to buy before you give me your number.
Ladies love a humble, bumbling Englishman (Hugh Grant, Colin Farrell). A self-deprecating line can be very effective as it demonstrated confidence but in a non-threatening manner. These are best delivered in person rather than over an online messenger or free dating site as their success depends largely on your appearance and body language.
- Is it OK if I continue to gaze in admiration at you while you continue to ignore my presence.
- Can I watch you from here, you don’t need to speak to me.
- Can I buy you a drink, you don’t have to acknowledge me.
- I’ll kick myself all night if I don’t at least try to get your number.
- Five quid says you’re going to turn me down.
The success of a chat-up line depends as much on the delivery as it does on the actual words chosen. Pick a line you can say with confidence, and don’t take yourself too seriously.
Always remember the number one rule of chat-up line use: Do not use the same chat-up line on multiple women in one night. They will most likely have overhead you deliver it earlier, and be laughing inside at your persistence.